Thursday, December 14, 2006

And now for a break from our regularly scheduled Christmas

A - available/single - Nope. Old married lady.

B--Best Friend - Kate

C--Cake or Pie - Yes, please. For cake, I'll take yellow cake with rainbow chip frosting. Who knows why that combo is so delish??? For pie, my mom's pecan!

D--Drink of Choice - Let's put it this way. The waiter at the restaurant tonight offered me decaf coffee and I told him it was a cruel joke and could I have my NON-decaf with cream?

E--Essential item you use everyday - my bathtub. Maybe that one's too obvious. My laptop, certainly. Um, my Escape (I'm sorry, but there never was a vehicle more aptly named -- it's my getaway car!).

F--Favorite color - this has evolved over the years. My standard answer used to be "deep plum" but I think I've moved on. Um, let's go with brick red or harvest yellow for decorating, French blue for wearing, lavender for just plain looking at on any object, be it wall or sweater or whatever.

G--Gummy bears or Worms - Yes, please. Actually, I'm gonna go with worms on this one. More bang for the buck?

H--Hometown - Greenwood, but I also count Franklin (up the road from Greenwood and technically the geographical location of my birth at Johnson County Memorial Hospital).

I--Indulgence - oh goodness, do I have enough space here? Do y'all have enough time to read? I kind of live my life by this method: "Becky, you need to get 'x' done." "But Becky, I don't feel like it." "Well Becky, what if I promise to get you 'y'?" "Okay, Becky, I'll do it." Seriously. Anyone who thinks I'm kidding is kidding themselves. Hmmm...Starbucks drive-thru runs. Lemon poppyseed muffins. Shoes. Tights. Handbags. Shopping the clearance racks at Von Maur and nabbing "deals" (yeah right; let's face it, it's VON MAUR). Sleep. Then more sleep. Fresh flowers. Afternoons at Borders with Adam and spoiling each other with "prizes" from the shelves. Reading in bed. Sudoku for an hour straight. (Can you tell I don't have kids?) Long phone calls with long-distance friends. Weekend trips to see Kate. I could literally go on and on. This girl ain't really into denying herself much because she's learned to cheat and save on some things (home boxes of hair dye and highlights instead of $150 at the salon!) and because she knows it just ain't living without certain indulgences (er, coffee, duh).

J--January or February - what an oddball choice. I'm going with January, my birth month!

K--Kids - Not yet. My standard answer. God has given me/us the desire and until He takes it away, I fully expect kiddos to arrive, even if the stork drops 'em off.

L--Life is incomplete without... my husband. I never feel whole without him here with me. Come home soon, honey!

M--Marriage Date - July 10, 1999

N--Number of siblings - I have 2 - Sarah (older) and Katie (younger). Yes, I can see some of you nodding your heads, going yup, I KNEW she was a middle child!!!

O--oranges or apples - oranges if they're squished up and squeezed for fresh OJ. Apples for snacking and in pies and all that!

P--Phobias/Fear - Oh good heavens. And I thought I didn't have room for the Indulgences. Sheesh. Um...blood clots and spontaneous internal bleeding. That includes deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, and stroke/brain hemorrhage. (if you didn't think I was weird before now...) Also, dying in a plane crash. Living through a plane crash. Crashing in a plane in general. Even moderate turbulence has been known to send me into panic (thank God for Xanax).

Q--Favorite Quote - Well, it's a verse, if that counts. I can't remember what Psalm it's from but, "I will both lay me down in peace and sleep, for thou, O Lord, only makest me dwell in safety."

R--Reason to Smile - ooh, correspondence via snail-mail. Fresh cappuccino in a bistro mug. Snow on quiet mornings with nowhere to go. Seeing Adam after a period of absence from him. (seriously, it's only Day 3 of his mission trip. Get a grip, Becky.)

S--Season - Spring, spring, spring.

T--I tag...I dunno? Anybody want to send me their copy of this?

U--Unknown fact about myself - My life is an open blog, er, book. Hmm, let's see. I live and work in the greater Indianapolis area and have never seen the Indy 500 nor even been to the track. That's usually a shocker to most folks.

V--Vegetable you don't like - Those Southern field greens like okra. Ick.

W--Worst habit - Letting the laundry pile up.

X--x-ray - A few chest and back x-rays. (once to rule out a blood clot, which my doctor only wrote an order for to humor me and help me get past the fear...)

Y--Your favorite food - Mom's homemade bread and strawberry jam and big glass of cold milk.

Z--Zodiac - Capricorn. The ugly goat. Stupid goat. It's ugly and astrology is stupid.

1 comment:

Fiddledeedee said...

I just got tagged for this meme, and I'm still working on it.

What? You don't like fried okra? Blasphemy. I think I teethed on it. Yummy. How about fried green tomatoes?