Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Yes, I'm still here

I'm alive but...just barely, sometimes. I want to keep going with this blog even though my life has drastically changed in the last month...

I want to be honest but brief. I am separated from my husband, both legally and physically. We are living apart and our life together is very much shattered and as I put it to my friends, on life support. With people in the next room debating on whether it would just be better to pull the plug.

Yes, friends, it's that bad. I won't pretend that it isn't. However, I will not disparage my husband in this semi-public forum, even though it's my personal journal. Some things are just not share-able, nor should they be. So even though I might mention my thoughts and feelings about the separation, I won't mention specifics. Let it suffice to say that we both are contributors to the problems, and it will take both of us to come to a reconciliation. And it will have to be of the Lord, or it won't happen at all. Until then, I am going ahead with my life as best as I can, with the daily strength that only The Comforter can provide, nurtured through the day, sometimes from hour to hour, by the beautiful and amazing love I'm being shown and given by faithful friends and dearest loved ones. You guys know who you are, and I thank you with all of my heart.

So I hope all of my blog readers will forgive me if I'm not my usual self. However, life goes on. And that's what I'm trying to do...move on, looking to the future with hope, knowing that my future is in the right hands.

3 comments:

ashley said...

Oh Becky, my heart breaks for you! *HUG* I wish there was something I could do or say that would help. I will pray for you, and email me if there is anything specific you'd like me to keep in mind.

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Becky,

You two are in my prayers. Keep on holding tightly to God's grace and love.

With love and prayers, Susan

a suburban housewife said...

Oh, Becky. I "stumbled" onto your blog through someone else's, and my heart aches for you. I am praying for the Lord to restore your marriage through much love and humility. It is obvious through your writings that you love the Lord.