Saturday, December 02, 2006

On the second day of Christmas...

We put up our Christmas tree. After performing our annual tradition of buying a new ornament for each of us, of course...which required visits to 5 different places! We finally found some pretty ones at McNamara, although they aren't as unique as in years past (I don't know what y'all think, but in my opinion Hallmark's ornaments are just getting cheesier and more cartoon-y every stinking year!!!). I also made a batch of sugar cookies, and I have to say I was impressed with my own efforts...even Adam said they are about as good as my Mom's, and well, that's pretty darn good. Our dear friend Dawn came over and we chit-chatted for a bit and then she helped me put garlands on the banister. It's really quite sparkly in my house right now and I'm loving it! Although that's it for me tonight. I'm getting a headache and my bathtub is calling my name. Here's a few pix of our tree and some of our favorite ornaments...I think my favorite one is the glittery seashell, which we bought on our honeymoon in Key West. Since it was our first Christmas purchase as a married couple, it will always be numero uno in my heart!






2 comments:

Fiddledeedee said...

Ooohhh. I like the bows. I bought a "Bowdazzler" a couple of years ago and finally dusted the thing off and used it for gold bows for my tree and wreath.

I think I'm going to post about making handpainted glass ornaments on WFMW in the next week or 2. I used to make them as part of my painting business.

I know what you mean about the Hallmark ornaments!

Becky said...

DeeDee,

Yeah, what's up with Hallmark? I used to be able to count on them for pretty ornaments and now it's all mass-market, juvenile, silly stuff. So, at least there's always McNamara! Oh, and Pier 1 tends to have very pretty ornaments, too.

Definitely post about making handmade ornaments. I did the bows just yesterday and I was amazed at how they turned out (wired ribbon is truly a magical gift!).