Friday, December 08, 2006

On the eighth day of Christmas...

I bought something for someone who needed it badly. I don't want to say who or even what the gift was, but it was a completely out-of-the-blue situation, but I saw the Lord's expectation and hope for me in the moment and I just jumped at the chance to do this act of giving!

Please understand, I am not bragging on myself here. The monetary amount was actually pretty small -- an amount that most of us could spare on spur-of-the-moment notice. So, no great kudos to me...I just praise and thank the Lord that He opened up this door; I even surprised myself by how eager I was to walk through it.

It was truly the best moment of this Christmas season so far. I'm just rejoicing in the joy of giving tonight, and I'm going to pray for another opportunity to give to another person in need.

No comments: