Sunday, December 10, 2006

Days 9 and 10

Well, on the ninth day of Christmas I didn't have a second to spare because I was preparing for the tenth day of Christmas, on which I...

(co-)threw a bridal shower for my friend Emily!

Here's our Christmas bride, glowing like a string of lights on a tree! She is demonstrating her sampling from our "hot cocoa bar," which was nummy-yummy (just set up your mugs with cocoa mix in the mugs and provide bowls of marshmallows, candy canes, chocolate sprinkles, whipped cream, etc.).




















And here she is with her delightful mommy (that's not a hat on her head, that's just the top of my clock in the background!).















Dawn manning the hot cocoa bar...




















...another satisfied customer!




















the spread...




















happiness abounds! (could these captions get worse?)















I love this shot, I can't believe I got the profile of 5 people in one shot without even trying for it!




















more happiness...(seriously, party food shouldn't only appear at parties, it's too darn good)















Suzy, trying to humor me with a picture...




















sharing stories, hearing fun things about our dear friend.















passing on the tradition of showering our brides to the next generation...




















giggling like girls should.




















the beginning of the gifts, the season of spring. The shower's theme was sharing items from our favorite seasons with the bride.















gear for winter...




















linens for fall...




















playthings for summer!




















and a pretty for any season.















The Lord has blessed me abundantly...
















with beautiful, amazing, generous, warm, and kind friends.







































1 comment:

emily ann. said...

It was the best Bridal shower EVER! :) You are such a fabulous hostess Becky. So very creative, giving and welcoming! Oh! AND I took one of the vases you gifted us to match paint to...it's true! :)