Saturday, December 16, 2006

If you didn't know...

I have a thing for the British royals. Not just the current ones -- Queen Elizabeth I is probably in my top 5 heroes of all time! Anyhoo, I read this article this morning on People, then was so curious to see more pictures I went to BBC News and found this adorable shot. Of course, Prince William is not supposed to smile -- his ranks were being inspected by the Queen and then as never before you're supposed to have that British "stiff upper lip!" Apparently, though, the Queen said something funny to William and he couldn't help but smile at his grandma as she passed. How cute.

Oh, and this girlie, by the way, is William's girlfriend, Kate. I think that would have to be considered the catch of the century if she bags her prince in wedded union, which is what all the society papers in England are saying will happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does that jaunty hat make Kate look forty?

-Jen