Friday, April 07, 2006

A decade with my sweetie...

Over lunch today with my friend Tonya, we got onto the subject of how Adam and I met, and since it's one of my favorite stories, I was only too happy to tell it. In telling the story, though, I happened to mention that our first date together was on April 6th, and then in a moment of horror, realized that I'd forgotten it (today is the 7th)! You see, April 6th, November 23rd (the day Adam proposed), and July 10th (our wedding day) are our 3 most important occasions, which I always try to remember and celebrate in some special way.

Anyway, I was snuggled up to Adam on the couch tonight watching a movie when I remembered to tell him. We were talking about it when we realized that it was 10 YEARS ago! Our first date was April 6th, 1996! That was even before Katie graduated from high school!!! And I was a spring chicken and Adam a cradle-robber...I was a very wet-behind-the-ears 19 year-old!

It's so interesting to think about my life in that context...I'm almost 30 years old, so literally 1/3rd of my life has been spent with my love. Wow. Thank you, Lord, for the decade I've been given with my Adam. I am truly a blessed woman!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ten years? Sheesh. That doesn't hardly seem possible. Christopher and I have a loooooooooong way to go before we get anywhere near that mark. And talk about robbing the cradle!!! I was a young and spry 24 and Christopher was almost 30 when we started going out!!!