Wednesday, April 19, 2006

another quiz, but I can't resist these (please copy and paste into a comment and let me see your answers too!)

PAST
first grade teacher's name: Mrs. Wilhoit (she was a meanie)
last word you said: the last one I remember saying is “bye” (to Adam on the phone)
last song you sang: “Come, now is the time to worship”
last thing you laughed at: the radio this morning; the deejays were having listeners call in if “you’d ever ruined a wedding” and one of the call-ins was hysterical
last time you cried?: when I watched Chronicles of Narnia the other night; can’t watch Aslan die without bawling

PRESENT
what's in your cd player: there’s some Spanish praise & worship songs and I think my ABBA’s greatest hits is in there too
what color socks are you wearing: it’s sandal weather…no socks ‘til September or my feet get cold
what's under your bed: carpet and probably the discarded Kleenex or three
what time did you wake up today: 6:55, but resisted until 7:10

FUTURE
what is your career going to be: writer/novelist, wife, homemaker, mommy (I hope one day!)
where are you going to live: we’ll always have a home base in Greenwood, but I actually hope we get to live in Guatemala one day, at least for a year
how many kids do you want: at least 2, but no more than 5-ish? Ideally, 4
what kind of car will you drive: Ooh, so many choices. I really love my SUV. I don’t see me ever going back to a car, but I would like a smaller SUV so I don’t waste a fortune in gas money

CURRENT
current hair: not-quite shoulder-length brown hair with some subtle caramel highlights
current clothes: peasant-ish, pink, red & black 3/4-sleeve shirt, black skirt, black espadrilles
current jewelry: wedding rings and these dangly silver heart earrings I bought at Express my senior year of high school (11 years ago)
current annoyance: being inside working on a beautiful breezy, sunny day
current smell: my own toffee-nut latte breath
current longing: to run outside and play? Actually, just to be at home and finish my humongous closet-organization project
current desktop picture: me and BF Kate hugging in her receiving line at her wedding
current favorite music artist: I feel ridiculous saying this, but Kelly Clarkson
current book(s): still getting through (non-fiction) “Isabella”, (fiction) “Body in the Snowdrift,” and about to start (non-fiction) “Our Changing Values” by Jimmy Carter
current favorite article of clothing: my denim skirt I bought at Goodwill for $3
favorite physical feature on a man: Adam’s chest and shoulders
one person you wish was here right now: as in, with me? Corny answer, but I’m gonna go with…Adam
line from the last thing you wrote to someone: oh sheesh. That would have to be “here you go” when I e-mailed somebody at work a file
I am happiest when: I’m at home, the windows are open, the birds are singing, I’m brewing coffee, the house is clean, Adam is with me, and there are no plans for the long day stretching out ahead of us
I feel lonely when: Adam’s away on business, everyone I know and their brother has plans not including me, it’s dark outside and there’s nothing good on TV
favorite author: impossible query to answer. I shall not answer it.
do you think too much: Good heavens, yes
If you could live anywhere in the world, where: England, England, England
famous person you have met: I once saw Jonathan Crombie (Gilbert Blythe in the Anne of Green Gables movies) in a play in Canada, but I didn’t actually meet him so maybe it doesn’t count
do you have any regrets: I’ll answer that question with another question…am I a sinner?
favorite coffee: anything really fresh, really high-quality, really hot, and served to me immediately upon awakening (this never happens, by the by)
favorite smell: fresh air (if that’s a smell)
what makes you mad: traffic on I-465
favorite way to waste time: taking quizzes like these
what is your best quality: I love intensely and I’m loyal to a fault
are currently in love/lust: In love
what's the craziest thing you have ever done: got on a plane and went to a third-world country
any bad habits: of course. But you didn’t ask me what they are, ha-ha!
last thing you bought yourself: a couple packs of plain generic ivory candles at Jo-Ann Fabric for a ridiculously low price
bath or shower: Both. Shower in the mornin’, bath in the evenin’
favorite season: Right now! Spring, spring, spring!
favorite color: lavender
favorite time of day: toss-up between mid-morning after a couple cups of joe and after 5 pm when the whistle blows and I’m free again!
gold or silver: both, thank you
any secret crushes: nope. I haven’t had a technical “crush” since the 8th grade

FASHION
how many coats and jackets do you own: sadly, probably like 7
do you wear a watch: not usually.
favorite pants color: black
most expensive item of clothing: I actually tend to spend more on accessories than actual clothes…
most treasured: maybe my apple-green sandals?

YOUR FRIENDS
do your friends know you: what an oddball question
what do they tend to be like: weird, goofy, great sense of humor, etc.
can you count on them: there’s a few who always seem to be there…
can they count on you: gosh, I hope so. I try!!!

LAST
last book you read: “Shopaholic takes Manhattan” (oh the shame in admitting that)
last movie you saw: Narnia
last movie you saw on the big screen: it’s been a long time…it might have been Tristan and Isolde???
last show you watched on tv: “God or the Girl” on A&E (these 4 men are choosing between priesthood and relationships with girls…it’s fascinating)
last song you heard: can’t remember but it was a country song
last thing you had to drink: toffee nut latte
last thing you ate: leftover taco casserole and corn cake from dinner last night
last time you showered: this morning around 7:10
last time you smiled: maybe 5 minutes ago?
last time you laughed: last night
last person you hugged: my new friend Emily last night
last person you talked to online: Kate
last person you talked to on the phone: Adam

DO YOU
smoke: no.
do drugs: do prescription drugs count?
drink: I like the occasional glass of wine
sleep with stuffed animals: I have a small teddy bear that Adam gave me for Christmas. His name is George. I occasionally invite him to snuggle.
have a dream that keeps coming back: yes. There’s one I’ve had since I was little and it involves dinosaurs. It’s very bizarre.
play an instrument: sadly, no
believe there is life on other planets: nope.
read the newspaper: if online news counts, then yes
have any gay or lesbian friends: Not any more, but I had a friend at college who “came out” my freshman year and it was a very odd situation since we were at a Christian college (yep, she got kicked out quite promptly, which only made things much worse)
believe in miracles: absolutely
consider yourself tolerant: um, I try very hard not to judge anyone. But I’m not tolerant about behaviors that hurt people.
consider police a friend or foe: if I see them in the rearview mirror, a definite vote for “foe”
like the taste of alcohol: no…it’s gotta have something in it, like fruit juice
believe in astrology: not at all.
believe in magic: nopers.
go to church: try not to ever miss.
have any secrets: too many, so I end up telling people
have any pets: nope.
go or plan to attend college: graduated with a BA in English
talk to strangers: often. Especially when they’re in Starbucks, the line at the post office, or need some emergency grooming
have any piercings: Ears.
have any tattoos: no, but I’m not ruling them out
hate yourself: no
wish on stars: I would if I thought it would help
like your handwriting: yes
believe in ghosts: um, I’m not sure. I think there are things that go bump in the night…
believe in santa: No. I pretty much hate Santa. Well, I did until I saw Narnia…now I’m reconsidering…
believe in the easter bunny: I HATE the Easter bunny. Easter is my favorite holiday and stupid bunnies ruin it.
believe in the tooth fairy: I believe in my parents who acted as tooth fairies by proxy
have a second family: I have several second families…I really enjoy many of my friends’ families
trust others easily: not as much as I used to. I think skepticism and wariness come with age.
sing in the shower: not very often, but occasionally, if I’m in a very good mood.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hey Becky...This was a long one, but I think I got through it.....

PAST
first grade teacher's name: Miss Sisk
last word you said: be quiet to my daughter as she's down for a rest time.
last song you sang: I have no idea...I'm constantly singing different things and can't remember what it was
last thing you laughed at: I'm sure it was one of Kiana's (my 1 yr. old)latest tricks!
last time you cried?: a funeral a week ago
PRESENT
what's in your cd player: a Vineyard worship CD
what color socks are you wearing: bare toes!
what's under your bed: stuff I should probably get rid of!
what time did you wake up today: 7am -- got to sleep in for once!

FUTURE
what is your career going to be: I'm forever a wife and a mom...
where are you going to live: probably Montana for good
how many kids do you want: b/t 4 and 6, or however many God wants to bless us with!
what kind of car will you drive: probably a van for a while, thought I'd like one of those Ford Excursions, if only the gas wasn't so much!

CURRENT
current hair: long, dishwater blond and needing a highlight!
current clothes: just finished painting...navy shorts and a striped blue tank top
current jewelry: wedding rings and a blue sapphire ring from Evan that I never take off either (not much of a jewelry person)
current annoyance: my daughter asking, "Mom, can I get up???"
current smell: the spring weather current longing: go on a romantic date with just Evan and me.
current desktop picture: Evan and his big trout!
current favorite music artist: Casting Crowns
current book(s): "Believing God Journal" by Beth Moore, "Harvest" by Chuck Smith, and a good missionary one
current favorite article of clothing: my gray hooded sweatshirt
favorite physical feature on a man: Evan's eyes and smile
one person you wish was here right now: Evan
line from the last thing you wrote to someone: I sent a card to a lady from our church who's husband passed away -- can't remember exact lines, though.
I am happiest when: The house is clean, dinner is ready and my family is content and happy.
I feel lonely when: Evan's gone overnight for work
favorite author: don't know
do you think too much: of course...I'm female
If you could live anywhere in the world, where: right here in MT
famous person you have met: I don't think I've met any real famous people
do you have any regrets: of course
favorite coffee: don't drink it
favorite smell: a clean baby and mountain air
what makes you mad: if I can use the word "frustrated" instead, I'd have to say disobedient children
favorite way to waste time: taking quizzes like these
what is your best quality: I'm passionate about things that I think matter and very loyal
are currently in love/lust: In love
what's the craziest thing you have ever done: drove really fast when I was a teenager
any bad habits: yep
last thing you bought yourself: a houseplant on clearance for $5
bath or shower: shower -- no time for baths, unfortunately
favorite season: fall
favorite color: lavender
favorite time of day: bedtime
gold or silver: both
any secret crushes: nope -- just my husband whom I'm madly in love with after 8 years of marriage!
FASHION
how many coats and jackets do you own: 4 or 5
do you wear a watch: yes
favorite pants color: pj's
most expensive item of clothing: I don't buy expensive clothes...ever...
most treasured: old sweatshirts
YOUR FRIENDS
do your friends know you: ummm, yeah...
what do they tend to be like: other moms in the same boat I'm in
can you count on them: yep
can they count on you: I hope so!
LAST
last book you read: probably one of the Pearls books
last movie you saw: Walk the Line
last movie you saw on the big screen: Narnia
last show you watched on tv: can't remember...we haven't had the TV on in a while...the weather has been too nice!
last song you heard: "If you say go"
last thing you had to drink: water
last thing you ate: a banana
last time you showered: yesterday morning
last time you smiled: about an hour ago...it's been silent here for a while and I've been in the mud pulling weeds -- not much to smile about there!
last time you laughed: earlier this afternoon
last person you hugged: my baby girl when I tucked her in for her nap
last person you talked to online: I don't talk on-line
last person you talked to on the phone: my mom

DO YOU
smoke: no.
do drugs: no.
drink: been pregnant or nursing for so long now, I can't remember the last time I had a glass of wine!
sleep with stuffed animals: no.
have a dream that keeps coming back: no
play an instrument: no, but I did haul out my guitar the other day and was sort of motivated to learn again.
believe there is life on other planets: no
read the newspaper: no
have any gay or lesbian friends: no
believe in miracles: absolutely
consider yourself tolerant: I try not to tolerate things that God doesn't tolerate.
consider police a friend or foe: friend
like the taste of alcohol: no
believe in astrology: not at all.
believe in magic: no
go to church: yes!
have any secrets: maybe a few
have any pets: 2 dogs and 1 cat....this is a long quiz, Becky!!!
go or plan to attend college: graduated with a BA
talk to strangers: yes
Especially when they’re in
have any piercings: Ears.
have any tattoos: no
hate yourself: no
wish on stars: no
like your handwriting: I use to
believe in ghosts: no
believe in santa: No.
believe in the tooth fairy:
no.
have a second family: yes, many
trust others easily: sometimes
sing in the shower: sometimes