Monday, February 12, 2007

Kate's baby shower

I ventured up to Michigan this past weekend to see my Kate one last time before her baby girl's arrival next month (oh my heavens!) and to attend her baby shower. The pictures don't need my help in stating the obvious, but my-oh-my, Kate is glowing with joy and contentment. And it's not just in front of her cherished family and friends...it is a glow that never leaves her face and demeanor. Even first thing in the morning!

The shower was hosted by a lovely lady named Carol Long, who is an old friend of the Timmer clan. She served white chicken chili, which was incredible, and yummy desserts with tea and coffee in her nice china. Such an elegant afternoon...just the type of ultra-feminine activity I don't get enough of!
































(can you see the popped-out belly button???)







































gorgeous pink tulips (yes, it was a Dutch baby shower alright!)






























































Godspeed your way here, little Sweet Pea! Your Auntie B is eager to meet you and kiss your precious face!

2 comments:

ashley said...

I love that teacup! So beautiful. I collect old teacups like that, and I have one that looks a bit similar.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful baby shower. Yes, ultra-feminine is indeed a treat to the womanly soul.

Glad you got some loving.