Monday, November 06, 2006

I can't help it

I hate football. Hate it. I don't think anyone really understands the depths to which I despise football!

However, I must confess. I love the Colts. I don't know whether it's hometown Hoosier pride or just the fact that we've been underdogs for heaven knows how long, with several near-misses in past years (not unlike the beleaguered Pacers!), or if it's just pinch-his-cheeks adorable Peyton Manning. Or a combo of all the above. In any case, I surreptitiously watched several moments of last night's game. Then, today, I found myself clicking on the "Sports" link on MSNBC.com, then read -- with a smile on my face -- that 41% of people surveyed think the Colts will win the SuperBowl. Oh golly. Imagine that.

In any case, go Colts!!! If you can make a fan out of me, then that's sayin' something about how awesome you are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be, I'm SOOOOOOOO proud of you! I started laughing out loud when I opened your blog and saw a picture of Peyton Manning! There is hope for you after all! I don't think our city will ever be at peace until we've won a Super Bowl.

Becky said...

Just remember, it's not football that has won me over, it's my Colts. Yes, they are MY Colts, now, too!

I agree, our city needs the SuperBowl win to be at peace with ourselves (we were denied that NBA trophy too many times, the NFL owes us!!!). I think this might be our year...

Anonymous said...

I sit a little stunned that I just read a blog posted by my beloved friend in which the theme is football. And you even read an article on MSNBC that talked about football. Becky...are you sure you are feeling okay?? Anyway...I love it!! 8-an'-oh...who would have thought they could pull that off this year (okay not me and I love the Colts!!). I have a poster in my cube that says "Maybe Next Year is Here" - It is from 2004 and I just keep writing in the new year - now it reads 2007!! Go Colts!!!